Welcome to my Blog

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog "Network Marketing Tips by Vince Giorno." I hope that the information I provide will be of some benefit to your success in the network marketing industry.

Your support is very much appreciated. Please feel free to post any comments as I can only improve on the information I supply to you with your feedback, good or bad.

Wishing you all the success in the world.

Vince A. Giorno

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Roller Coaster Ride of a Network Marketer

This past week has definitely been a true example of the ups and downs that are faced by most people in the network marketing industry. I thought I would share this experience so that you know that you are not alone. No matter how successful a network market may be or how many years they have been involved in the business, they still have to deal with the exact same negative and positive aspects of the business as you do.

Early last week, I contacted a prospect and made arrangements for that person to attend a home meeting. I felt very confident that this person would attend because the night prior to the meeting he actually thanked me for allowing him to look at the opportunity.

However, as the time was inching closer to the 8pm meeting time, this prospect was nowhere to be seen, nor did he call me. I knew at that point that he would not show. I elected to call him just in case. I never expected him to answer let alone provide me with the excuse that he did. He apologized for not attending and said that there was a family emergency. I have heard that line before, but he was more specific and said that his father had a heart attack. I can't imagine anyone making up something like that. Would anyone want to place the forces of nature against them by misleading someone about the health of a parent. So, i believed him and he surprisingly was still open to looking at the business. In fact, I am meeting with him this week for a one on one. By the way, his father is okay.

Well, I was feeling a little cursed but nonetheless, spoke to more people and had 5 attending a presentation on the weekend. I was somewhat unsure if they would all attend but was most certain of a specific two as I was to pick them up. On Friday evening I spoke to this prospect to confirm the appointment but he had to cancel because of work. I was fine with that and we made arrangements for me to call him back on another day. But, later that evening, he called me to say that his boss no longer needed him for work so he was now able to attend the presentation. he went further to ask if his wife would be able to get involved in the opportunity and if she could attend. I said yes and it was confirmed that I would collect them at their home the next day. They did not meet me at the planned location nor did they answer my calls. Later that night, I was able to speak to the prospects wife who told me that they had an emergency and had to attend a hospital. What is it with these emergencies all of a sudden. I certainly did not believe her.

Well, that morning while en route to the presentation, I was feeling a little down. I decided to call the remaining people who were to attend. One person actually said he was already at the location and waiting. Wow, feeling up again. The other prospects I could not get a hold of and they did not attend.

So I met the one prospect and had him sit through the presentation. As it turned out, he had already seen the opportunity about 2 years previous but was willing to stay. the room was very busy and he had to sit alone while I stood at the back being able to see him. When the presentation ended, I went down one row to meet him but he must have gone up another row as he left without talking to me. I felt very angry and thought who on earth does something like that. even if he was not interested, I felt he should have spoken to me to say so. I tried to call him, but he was not responding. I felt completely dejected and wanted to leave the remainder of the presentation. But I did not. I sent the prospect a text message and a short while later he called me. he apologized for having left but he had an appointment . He said he was interested to learn more about the opportunity and it was agreed that we would meet during the week.

What an unbelievable week. So many ups and downs. So many highs and lows. But at the end of the day it worked out well. but even if it didn't. This is the nature of the business. Expect it and embrace it. As a famous saying goes, "Every setback is a set up for a comeback." Ride the waves and sooner than later you will reach your goal. Never give up! Any number of times this past week, I could have given up, but I persevered and hopefully these prospects will join the business. Remember, you are not alone, we all go through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment