Welcome to my Blog

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog "Network Marketing Tips by Vince Giorno." I hope that the information I provide will be of some benefit to your success in the network marketing industry.

Your support is very much appreciated. Please feel free to post any comments as I can only improve on the information I supply to you with your feedback, good or bad.

Wishing you all the success in the world.

Vince A. Giorno

Monday, February 22, 2010

Never Pre-Judge a potential MLM Prospect

From the very first moment that I joined my networking marketing company, I was told, never to pre-judge anyone. At my first training session, the speaker advised the audience of the following: "Those you think will, wont; those you think won't, will; those you think can, can't; those you think can't, can."

Despite this never ending message being relayed to us, I think it is only natural to cast judgement on people. I think it is simply human nature. Over time, it may be possible to regulate or control this human instinct, but I think it takes a lot of patience and practise.

I think the best way is to keep pounding that message into your brain as often as possible, because we really don't know what is truly inside of some someone. We only see their world from a distance. Even those we think we may be close to, may have another hidden agenda or dreams and desires that they have never shared with anyone.

Their world may seem perfect to you from the outside. That person with the executive job; the one with the 5 bedroom mansion; the one with the BMW 750i. It seems from the outside that they are living the perfect dream so why on earth would they ever be looking for an opportunity.

The same holds true for the opposite spectrum. What about those people who we think do not have any money to put toward a business; those we think are not business minded; those we think have too many bills or problems to have to deal with something else. We feel that those people may not have the brains or the business sense to do well with a network marketing business.

But again, with these people, their burning desire inside of them is what may lead them to be an all star. They may not have money, but they may borrow some once they hear of the fabulous opportunity that you are presenting to them.

The common theme to remember with all of these potential leads is not to pre-judge them. Despite me preaching these words, I recently did such a thing and my perception of this person almost caused me to lose a prospect.

This fellow was a co worker of mine for several years. In fact, I was his immediate supervisor. Due to the nature of our business, we did not often see each other and began to work less closely as he was dealing with another superior at most times. I thought of him right from the start as I did with all my co workers. But I quickly set him aside as I felt that he would not be into this type of business. I never really gave myself a plausible explanation, I just thought based on his personality, that he would not get involved.

But, a few months later, I did communicate with him briefly about the opportunity and he actually said he would be interested to hear about it. We never set a definite date and because of that I again set him aside thinking that he was not interested and that is why he did not follow up with me.

So one particular day, out of the blue, I thought I would contact him again to see if he would attend an information session that was not too far from where he lived. I was very surprised that he jumped at the opportunity, attended the presentation with his fiancee and joined the business a week later.

If I had let my pre-judgement of him take full control, then I would have lost him and most likely down the road, he would have been approached by someone else. He told me that he has been looking for the right home-based business for months. I had no idea that he was. And that is a perfect example of what I said before, that we truly don't know what the intentions and desires are of the people we know.

So, go out there and speak to every single person you know and meet and don't pre-judge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment