Welcome to my Blog

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog "Network Marketing Tips by Vince Giorno." I hope that the information I provide will be of some benefit to your success in the network marketing industry.

Your support is very much appreciated. Please feel free to post any comments as I can only improve on the information I supply to you with your feedback, good or bad.

Wishing you all the success in the world.

Vince A. Giorno

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rejection is Part of Being in Network Marketing

There is a saying in the industry: "Some Will, Some Won't, So What, Next"

The number of people who "don't" is staggering. It is my opinion that 9 out of 10 people who you approach about the business opportunity and/or a product/service, will turn you down. Some members of my team may think that those figures are a bit extreme, but I don't believe so. I think that many people in network marketing try to flower up the figures in an attempt to convince someone to join the business, but I believe in being up front with everything so that there are nor surprises.

The above comments are not said by me as a means to influence you to shy away from getting involved in the business. That thought could not be further from the truth. In fact, I think everyone should get involved in the MLM industry. But, in saying that, everyone needs to be properly educated in what will happen time and time again. And the "what" I am referring to is REJECTION.

Do not be afraid. It's okay to be rejected. Guys, how many women have rejected you in the past, and I'm sure that did not deter you from trying again. That is life both in the regular world and in the MLM world. It's the nature of the beast.

I tell all the members of my team, to not be negatively affected by the rejection, rather learn from it and have the mentality that every rejection leads you closer to that person who will accept it.

I wanted to share a story with you about how easily someone in your life can and will reject whatever you are offering.

I presented the opportunity to this individual a few months ago. He seemed to be very impressed by the business model but indicated that he did not have the money to get involved. I did not pursue that anymore and believed that if he truly wanted to join, then he would have found the money.

So, i did the next best thing and followed up with him to try one of the services that my company offered. I showed him, on paper how he would save about $30 per month on a particular service. He liked that and decided to try it. I submited the necessary documents on line but soon thereafter a problem ensued regarding his credit. It was necessary to have him sign a pre authorized payment form. He was okay with that.

So, what happened after that was a delay in arranging a time to meet with him to do so. Each time I called him he was still very much interested in trying the service and at no point did he ever raise any concerns.

We finally were able to arrange a meeting and confirmed the meeting two days prior. I was enroute to his home and called him when I was in the area and at that point received a shock. His fiancee told me that he was no longer interested in the service and he wasn't even home to discuss it or talk to me. She claimed not to know the reason why he changed his mind.

The fact that he changed his mind, although disappointing, was not what was most bothersome. It's the fact that he did not even have the professional courtesy to call me beforehand so that I did not have to make that long trip to his home. Furthermore, his fiancee is my wife's niece, so that hit a little close to home.

I have to be honest, I was upset, but not enough to deter me from continuing to plug away and say "Some will, some won't, so what, next."

Expect that many people will reject you and many of those people will be your close friends and even your family members. Do not ever get discouraged and never give up. Remember that all those rejections will eventually lead to a prospect and/or a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment