Welcome to my Blog

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog "Network Marketing Tips by Vince Giorno." I hope that the information I provide will be of some benefit to your success in the network marketing industry.

Your support is very much appreciated. Please feel free to post any comments as I can only improve on the information I supply to you with your feedback, good or bad.

Wishing you all the success in the world.

Vince A. Giorno

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do Not Quit Your Network Marketing Business for a Silly Reason

I recently had someone become a member of my team. He appeared to be to be a leader and may in fact turn out to be one so I don't wish to undermine him and his efforts to date. But, that being said, this particular individual did not follow the system as he was instructed to do and after only a very short two weeks, he wanted to leave the business.

I personally spent about three hours at his residence getting him into the business. We discussed various training aspects and he was given step by step instructions and how to start building his team. he did not follow said instructions at least not the way I had wanted. he wavered quite a bit and had his own ideas as he told me. These ideas did not work and he got off to a very slow start.

Now this situation in and of itself could have been reason enough for him to quit. He did complain a bit about the lack of success and I obviously told him that he had to follow the system. He said he would, but at the end of the day, this lack of success was not what caused him to want to quit.

Without getting into the specifics of the company, in order to get his business started, he chose to receive a particular service. In receiving said service, it was necessary for a technician from a large company to attend his residence to perform a particular function. My representative was told that the technician would attend his home between a designated time frame.

I know each and every one of you has experienced this situation and it always ends up that the attendance occurs at the very last minute, but still withing the time frame. Well, guess what, that is exactly what happened. The technician showed up 10 minutes prior to the time period ending. He remained there for only a few short minuets and completed the task he was supposed to perform. He advised my representative that the MLM company now has to perform another task for everything to be complete.

From my perspective, everything that happened was fine. It may have been inconvenient that the visit occurred at the tail end of the designated time frame, but nonetheless, there was a known chance that that would occur and my representative should have been prepared. He became upset that he had to cancel an appointment he had made because the visit had happened so late. In my opinion, that appointment should not have been made or it should have been made much later factoring in the possibility of the late visit.

In any event, I received a phone call from that representative after this situation had occurred. He was furious and said that he had had enough and that he was ready to quit. I was shocked and a little angered because I expected more from this person and I had never imagined that an event such as what happened would have affected him so much. I held those opinions to myself and calmly talked to him about the situation and the fact that whatever had happened had nothing to do with the reason he had become involved in the business. After a long discussion he seemed to have come to his senses and thankfully did not quit. He is still plugging away and will be successful.

The main point I want to share is that, the reason why he wanted to quit was ridiculous. People seem to find it so simple and easy to leave this industry, probably because the cost to get involved is minimal. But I tell people, if you had opened up a hamburger franchise and one day the head office had messed up an order causing a major problem that affected many customers, would you quit at that point? No you wouldn't!! Why, because your investment was way too much to quit over something like that. People have to remember that the MLM industry is a business and with any business problems will occur. You just don't quit over them. Resolve them, learn from them and move on. Treat your MLM business like a $500 000 franchise and not a $ 500 business and you will become successful.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all the great posts from last year! I always get great information from your blog. God bless you this 2010.

    ReplyDelete