Welcome to my Blog

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog "Network Marketing Tips by Vince Giorno." I hope that the information I provide will be of some benefit to your success in the network marketing industry.

Your support is very much appreciated. Please feel free to post any comments as I can only improve on the information I supply to you with your feedback, good or bad.

Wishing you all the success in the world.

Vince A. Giorno

Friday, April 23, 2010

Network Marketing Amusement Park

There are always ups and downs in the network marketing business, and a day I had this week truly sums that up.

One day this week, I met with a potential customer and also a MLM prospect. The customer with whom I met was a relative of mine. The meeting had taken a while to transpire, but eventually we were able to find a day that was convenient for both of us.

This meeting took a lot longer than what I had planned. That in itself was not a bad thing, but it did take my mind off things for a while to the point that I had forgotten about the meeting with the prospect. Luckily that prospect phoned me to confirm the appointment or else it would have been a missed opportunity.

So at the end of the two hour meeting with my relative there came some good and bad news. The bad news was that I left without having secured a sale. The good news was that they were open to becoming a customer, but needed to obtain some information first. In addition, they were interested in more services that what we had originally discussed on the telephone. So over all, although the sale was not made, it was a very good encounter so I left the home in a very good mood.

So I immediately contacted the prospect and arranged a time to meet at a local coffee shop. The meeting went reasonably well. He was interested in the opportunity but not to the degree that he was willing to sign up right away. It was agreed that he would strongly ponder the possibility to attend a company presentation. Our chat lasted for about one hour. I left the coffee shop again in a good mood. This prospect had some potential and he had not shown any disinterest in the business.

My happiness quickly turned to shock and then anger as I walked toward my vehicle in the parking lot. The entire rear bumper was dangling from the car. Someone had backed into my vehicle and failed to remain at the scene. I couldn't believe it. My thought ran from having to drive the vehicle in this condition for the rest of the day, having to attend a police station to report the accident and then having to deal with the expense of the repair.

One thought that came to mind as well and I have to be honest about it, is that I would not have been in this predicament if that prospect had not contacted me to confirm our meeting. I realize that this thought is very unprofessional and I felt bad afterward.

The only consolation to this whole incident is that the prospect called me the next day actually inquiring about a friend of his becoming a customer and also added that he will be calling me to confirm his attendance to a company presentation.

The network marketing industry has always been a "roller coater" ride, but never did I expect it to also be a "bumper" car ride as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment