Welcome to my Blog

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog "Network Marketing Tips by Vince Giorno." I hope that the information I provide will be of some benefit to your success in the network marketing industry.

Your support is very much appreciated. Please feel free to post any comments as I can only improve on the information I supply to you with your feedback, good or bad.

Wishing you all the success in the world.

Vince A. Giorno

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Network Marketers: It's Okay To take a Little Break

For the last month or so, I have been somewhat removed from the daily grindstone of network marketing. It has been a very chaotic time on a personal level.

For the majority of this time, my family has been looking for a new home. I could not believe the amount of time it took to find a residence. The day to day viewing of homes and the emotional roller coaster of having to deal with multiple offers three times.

Needless to say, we finally were able to find a beautiful bungalow on a 400 foot lot. This home was definitely worth the wait.

During this time, my mind was so absorbed with the minutia of real estate that I was not able to focus much on my network marketing business. I still communicated and mentored my team, but the recruitment process had to take a back seat.

This situation got me to thinking if whether or not it was a negative issue that I took a short break from my business. I don't think that it was.

I am not condoning that a network marketer should randomly take time off here and there for frivolous reasons. By doing this, you are showing a lack of dedication and commitment which is needed to succeed in the MLM industry. Additionally, one should not take time off during the first few months in business as this is the key time for you to build momentum.

That being said, from my perspective, I felt that I needed time to focus on a personal situation that needed my utmost attention. Failing to do so would have been remiss in my responsibility as a husband and father.

So when is it okay to take a break from your business? The answer to that question obviously depends on the situation at hand and your ability to immediately refocus yourself once you return from the hiatus.

The main point is to not let anyone pressure you to feel that you must work your networking marketing business 24-7 and to forget your obligations in your personal life. I have heard comments made in training sessions where it was said that one must make sacrifices when starting your business. This I agree with but the extent of said sacrifices is the issue.

This particular trainer wanted to emphasize the necessity to attend a specific training session on a particular day of the week without fail. These attendances were to be at the expense of any family related matters including spending time with your children.

I think we all have to draw the line somewhere as to when a business is taking up too much of our time and when it would be okay to disrupt your personal schedule. Any business venture requires hard work, dedication, commitment and sacrifices, but definitely not at the expense of your family.

If there is a situation in your life that needs your attention then by all means do so. Do not be afraid that in doing this, your network marketing business will suffer irreparable damage. It will not. But bear in mind, you can't afford to lose any momentum that you had acquired. Make sure that you have the mindset that you can get back into the action right away after the issue has been addressed.

I feel that with any business venture and/or job, we all need a time to refocus and to reset our priorities. It is okay to do that and I think that your business will benefit from it in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment